Rates and Pricing for audiobook production:
Landen Park Studio is a recording studio specifically built for audiobook production, voiceover, vocal and instrumental overdubs and other single-artist work. We try to be flexible about how we charge for work – here are our usual fees:
We offer special pricing deals for self-publishing authors:
- Up to 50,000 words – £710 including VAT
- Up to 80,000 words – £990 including VAT
- longer lengths £110 for each additional 10,000 words including VAT
(Minimum charge £710.00. £150 deposit must be paid in advance)
These prices include recording, direction, editing and mastering with delivery in both .WAV and .MP3 formats compliant with ACX technical specifications – everything you need to be published. Presently, we are offering similar pricing for self-publishing authors using a narrator, with the author being responsible for the narrator’s fees.
NEW! Showreel Creation Package!
If you’re an aspiring narrator or voiceover artist, you’ll need a showreel. This is a set of audio samples of your voice, covering a range of material, that you can upload to websites such as acx and Ahab Talent when you create your profile.
Our package comprises:
- studio time (usually 2 hours or so)
- recording of three short scripts covering different types of material
- working with an experienced producer/director
- each script professionally edited and mastered
- we’ll even take a picture of you at the mic, if you want
Introductory price: – £100 including VAT
(Full payment must be made in advance to secure booking)
- All services are subject to a minimum charge of £120 excluding VAT
- Dry hire (including engineer support) – £195 per day excluding VAT
- Dry hire, per hour – £45 per hour excluding VAT
- Day rate with director – £320 per day excluding VAT
- Hourly rate with director – £70 per hour excluding VAT
- Editing/finalisation – £60 per finished hour excluding VAT subject to approval of raw audio*
*This rate generally applies for editing punched-in, studio-recorded work by professional narrators. Higher rates will apply for continuous-record material. Note: we may decline work altogether if recorded in a ‘home studio’ setup, because of the difficulty of producing output that meets our minimum standards.
If you have a project in mind which doesn’t fit into the areas shown above, feel free to discuss it with us. We generally quote a fixed, single price for a project so you know at the outset what your book is going to cost.
If you’ve got a project that falls outside these criteria, or you’d like some further clarification – just get in touch!
(rates & pricing for audiobook production)